Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fearful Nostalgia

It was the residue of a laugh that turned my stomach. The thought of the joviality dying to be succeeded by a silence that blistered my ears.

Is it in me to kill? I would have said not, but I've murdered my time with you with cold-blooded efficiency.

Is there so much hate in me? It would have surprised me had I not hated every word that came out of my mouth with a fiery passion.

I asked God and He told me that I am who I make myself.

Is it truly possible to die of fright?

What is in my head that has the power to trap me there? Something tells me nothing. Something whispers that every time I'm locked in there, I'm the one who turns the key. I wish I could lose that key. I wish my mind had no doors.

I've gotten better. I've gotten stronger.

Trust me. Trust me. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home