Friday, November 16, 2007

Nightmare

I dreamed my face had fallen away and I couldn't feel your hand in mine. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on your breathing. I thought of your laugh, your smile, your eyes when you're glad to see me. For a brief moment I felt your heart in the veins of the wrist that pressed against mine. Then I felt nothing. I turned to look at you. Your face melted as I watched and I saw your thoughts written on your mind in a screaming headline that told me I had died to you. There were no tears, no remorse, and your heart beat on untouched by mine. Your eyes became mirrors of my horror and I saw the terror that was once my face. A bleeding, grinning skull spilled tears of black sorrow, turning the ground at my feet to quicksand. The thoughts written on my mind duplicated by yours retold the death of your love for me in bold capitals. I sank and began to drown in suffocating sorrow.
Last night I dreamed my face had fallen away. I was dead, and your heart beat on untouched by mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beloved Meadow said...

OH! Ow.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Director said...

Ben Bees, you are a man of many talents. That both gave me chills and broke my heart. Please, never stop writing.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home