Monday, February 18, 2008

Psalm 3,722

I would cry out to you "Oh, Lord, help me step out from my trials!" but I feel no justification in calling you my Lord.
I have called for you in the thick of the smoke rising from my smoldering skin and you showed not your face. I reached out my hand when I was sinking into the fathomless canyons of my thoughts and I saw you not. I whispered in exhausted supplication when I felt terror's dominion over my mind and still you were not there.
I feel no justification in calling you my Lord.
I felt the fire of time singing the fringes of my life until I was frayed and scattered. I bowed my knee before you and you would not turn your eyes to me. I prostrated myself in your presence and you paid me no mind. I opened my mouth and begged for strength, for the ability to help those around me who were in need. I moistened my lips to plead for forgiveness for straying from the path. And you turned not your eyes on me. I cried out "Oh, Lord, why do you deny me?"
Your voice came from motionless lips. "Do you call me so? Am I Lord to you? You kneel before me with a stagnant heart of fear and doubt. You deny nothing of yourself and beg for yourself all that you will not give of yourself to others."
You turned me out from your presence and your face has been far from me. I have forgotten your face, my Father. You have forgotten mine.
I feel no justification in calling you my Lord.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beloved Meadow said...

Damn - outwritten. Figures though.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home